Friday, October 8, 2010

I DON'T THINK THIS IS WHAT OUR FOREFATHERS HAD IN MIND

I am sure anyone over the age of 40 knows the tune and lyrics to the Red River Valley. I remember in particular it being drummed into us in Grade 5.

Here is a reminder....


CHORUS:
Come and sit by my side, if you love me
Do not hasten to bid me adieu
Just remember the Red River Valley
And the cowboy who loved you so true

Fast forward to today.




This is OUR generation's Red River Valley, thanks to governments who go for the quick fix, instead of the greater good. Governments (at all levels) who have have been easily swayed by the economic development argument (and $$ backing their party) instead of seeing it for what it is:

MILLIONS of dollars for the rich who back these dubious schemes in the name of "economic development".

Good news though. The Hungarian Government says the red sludge toxicity level is dropping. Whew, that is a relief.

At this rate human habitation should occur about the same time as Chernobyl.

I believe this little guy does some contract work for hedgehog fund real estate companies in both Hungary and Russia, just in case anyone is interested in an inexpensive summer place. There is a firesale on waterfronts lots right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers