Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A FLY ON THE WALL

If I could only have been a fly on the wall at the corporate headquarters of St. Mary's Cement when the following information was received about their proposed 300 acre quarry in Flamborough:

"Province Listens, Stops Proposed Quarry in Hamilton"
link to entire article:
http://news.ontario.ca/mah/en/2010/04/province-listens-stops-proposed-quarry-in-hamilton.html

(Just to recap, this is the Flamborough quarry that brother David Lowndes was involved in, sort of the way "our" John Lowndes is involved in the proposed quarry in Melancthon. You know, buy the land, find the investors, tell them it will be a cakewalk, grab the money and ...)

Since I couldn't be there in St. Mary's big expensive boardroom when the news came through, I let my imagination picture some various scenarious:







OMG-this cost us how much???










Let me get my hands on him, where is he???






Who is going to tell the investors?






Gee, I hope the Baupost Group doesn't find out about this....






Photo: Michael Daniher, Highlands "spokesperson"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers