Saturday, June 19, 2010

DEEP PROJECT


Apparently in an all out effort to brainwash, I mean convince lower tier municipalities to turn over control of ratepayers landfill sites (dumps in local speak) to the County so the County will have enough garbage to operate their DEEP plant, they organized a wonderful little trip for all interested Dufferin politicians to see one of these plants in operation.

I confess I know nothing about the technology and have not done my research to support a gasification plant or not, but after I received an email about an update given at Melancthon Council this past Thursday night, my very small minded brain started concocting this little ditty.

Enjoy..to the tune of Gilligans Island. And I am a blogger, not a poet so you may have to make the words rhyme, but at least you will get the drift of what happened:

Just sit right back
And you'll hear a tale
A tale of a long, long trip,
That started from the County of Dufferin,
For a three hour tour,
A three hour tour.

The politicians they drove off that day,
The bus ride it was long, fourteen hours at the least
To see a DEEP plant in full operation
And see garbage feed the beast
See garbage feed the beast.

The purpose of this little trip was to convince lower tier politicians to
Let the County have our landfill sites for their newest hairbrained scheme
But when they got there all they saw
Was a model display that was bright and clean
Very bright and clean

More questions were created than
Were answered on that day
So now if not for the bullying of the proponents
The project will be lost.
The project will be lost.

So join me here each day my friends,
You're sure to get a smile,
About all the Dufferin political happenings
In Minebusters usual guile


So in a nutshell, they spent 17 hours getting there to do a three hour tour of a plant that doesn't use the technology to be used here, and was not even a working plant, but a model used for these brainwashing, I mean educational tours.

And I may not know much about gasification plants, but I do know when the County gets involved it is expensive and not accountable and due to the politicial structure, Orangeville controls the County due to their weighted vote. So in effect if our dumps are turned over to the "County", Robbing Adams can use them for whatever he wants-even Orangeville garbage. Or he could even sell space in our dumps to whoever he wants.

I am not saying he would do that, I am just saying he COULD do that, with the weighted vote and all.

It does sound, from the email I received, as though Melancthon politicians aren't quite convinced just yet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers