Friday, April 6, 2012

REPOST-TRAIN TROUBLES

I note someone has asked on facebook for Minebuster to provide details of getting Mayor Adams to talk about the train issue.

So far Orangeville has blocked all attempts for anyone to make a deputation to their Council about the rail issue.

I believe what it will take is a concerted email campaign by Orangeville ratepayers to demand that Orangeville Council hold an information meeting open to the public to provide details and answer questions.

Dufferin ratepayers should also undertake a concerted email campaign to County Councillors, which by golly also includes the Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Orangeville to hold a public information meeting on the same day and time as Orangeville's.

You know, save the taxpayers some money by holding a joint meeting.

In order to get around all the nuances of how they have a meeting and provide tailored information only and not answer questions this would be my suggestion for the email:

FOR ORANGEVILLE CITIZENS:
email address: cjohns@orangeville.ca
with the subject line: Sale of Orangeville Rail line:

(JUST CUT AND PASTE INTO YOUR EMAIL);
Mayor and Council
I am a resident of the Town of Orangeville
I understand that there is a legal agreement for the Town of Orangeville to sell the Orangeville rail line.
I have been unable to find factual information on this proposal and as such I feel that I am not properly informed about this issue.
As this could have potential impacts on my property value, health and safety, quality of space, reduced recreational opportunities, impacts to business operations, I would ask that the Town of Orangeville, in conjunction with the County of Dufferin, hold a meeting, open to the public which will enable the elected officials and staff to explain the details to the public, followed by an open question and answer session.
I look forward to a early response.
(INSERT YOUR NAME)

FOR COUNTY OF DUFFERIN RESIDENTS:
email address: phillock@dufferincounty.on.ca
with the subject line: Sale of County Owned Rail line:

(JUST CUT AND PASTE INTO YOUR EMAIL);
Warden and Dufferin County Council
I am a resident of the County of Dufferin
I understand that there have been discussions about a possible sale of the County owned portion of the rail bed.
I have been unable to find factual information on this proposal and as such I feel that I am not properly informed about this issue.
As this could have potential impacts on my property value, health and safety, quality of space, reduced recreational opportunities, impacts to business operations, I would ask that the County of Dufferin, in conjunction with the Town of Orangeville hold a meeting, open to the public which will enable the elected officials and staff to explain the details to the public, followed by an open question and answer session.
I look forward to a early response.
(INSERT YOUR NAME)

Any responses you get, be sure to post on facebook or under comments on this blog.

And don't forget, if you are a resident of Orangeville, you are also a resident of the County of Dufferin-be sure you send an email to both Orangeville AND the County!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers