Jane Mendillo of Harvard Management Company, which manages Harvard University’s $32 billion endowment, told the gathering of investors …..that she looks at an increasing world population, …….and believes that the demand for natural resources such as timber, food, and water will increase in the long term.
Therefore, she is bullish on companies that do business in related industries, calling natural resources “our favorite area.”
And now we play a little game called the Kevin Bacon six degree of separation game:
1. Jane is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Harvard’s Management Company
2. Jane was elected to the Board of the Boston Foundation, a charitable organization, in June 2012
3. Paul C. Gannnon, Managing Director and Chief Financial and Administrative Officer for Baupost Group was also elected to the Boston Foundation in June 2012
4. Seth Klarman is the founder of the Baupost Group and also went to Harvard.
5. Baupost Group has an application in to mine limestone and has a little problem with 600 millions litres of excess water a day.......in which Harvard wants to invest.
- Harvard wants to invest in water
- Baupost has 600 million litres of water a day if their mining application is approved
- Klarman/Baupost has ties with Harvard